Basement Flood Cleanup Services in Atlanta, GA
Basement Waterproofing & Crawl Space Restoration
A basement flood can be devastating. Not only do you have to cope with the mess and damage, but you also have to figure out how to clean everything up. This can be a difficult task, especially if you are not familiar with the process. Paces Restoration offers basement flood cleanup services and can help you clean up everything quickly and efficiently, so you can get your life back on track.
If you are looking for a reliable and reputable basement flood cleanup service, then Paces Restoration is the company for you. We have years of experience in the industry, and we are dedicated to providing our clients with quality service they can trust. We will work tirelessly to get your basement back to its original condition so you can rest easy knowing that everything is taken care of.
An Overview of Basement Flood Cleanup Services
Basement flooding is one of the most common and costly problems that homeowners face. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), more than 20% of all homes in the United States are at risk for basement flooding. While some basement flooding is caused by natural disasters like hurricanes and floods, most basement flooding is caused by things like heavy rains, broken pipes, or faulty sump pumps.
No matter the cause, basement flooding can damage your home and personal belongings, and it can also create the perfect conditions for mold and mildew to grow. That’s why it’s important to call in a professional basement flood cleaning service as soon as possible after your basement has flooded.
Important Safety Information
If you have a flooded basement, it is important to take the following safety precautions:
- Do not enter the basement if there is water present.
- If the power is out, do not use candles, matches, or any other type of open flame as a light source.
- Do not try to remove the water yourself. This should be done by a professional basement flood cleaning service.
- Do not turn on any electrical appliances or lights until the basement has been completely dried out and all electrical outlets and switches have been inspected by a qualified electrician.
Paces Restoration has the experience and equipment necessary to clean up your basement safely and effectively after a flood. We will also be able to properly dry out the basement to prevent mold and mildew from growing.
Causes of Basement Flooding
Water in your basement can come from many sources. Some are within your control, while others are not. The first step in preventing a flooded basement is to identify the potential causes and take steps to mitigate them. Here are some of the most common causes of basement flooding:
- Excessive rainfall or snowmelt: If your area has experienced heavy rains or rapid melting of snowpack, it can overwhelm your home’s drainage system and cause water to back up into your basement.
- Faulty or overloaded sump pump: Your sump pump is responsible for pumping water out of your basement and keeping it dry. If it fails or is overloaded, water can quickly back up and cause flooding.
- Clogged or blocked drains: Drains can become clogged with debris, leaves, or grease, causing water to back up and flood your basement.
- Poor grading around your home: If the ground around your home is not graded properly, it can allow water to pool near your foundation and seep into your basement.
- Leaking pipes: Leaking pipes are another common cause of basement flooding. If a pipe bursts or leaks, water can quickly fill up your basement and cause significant damage.
If you have experienced any of these causes of basement flooding, it’s important to take action immediately to mitigate the damage. Start by removing any standing water from your basement and then drying the area completely.
Contact Paces Restoration for Basement Flood Cleanup
If your basement has been flooded, it’s important to clean it up as soon as possible. Paces Restoration has the expertise and equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently. We also offer a wide range of restoration services, including fire damage cleanup, smoke damage cleanup, and mold damage cleanup. We’ll make sure your basement is dry and ready for use again. Contact us today for a free estimate on basement flooding cleaning services.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Experienced Restoration Team
- Prompt Responses To Emergencies
- Knowledgeable and Trustworthy Experts